A bug, money and three signs.
What, you want more? Fine.
1. A bug. I'm innocently sitting on my sofa watching TV Monday night and one of those creepy thousand leg creepy, creepy, creepy bugs (did I mention it was creepy?) went running across my floor. Now, bugs don't generally bother me, but for some reason those thousand-leg thingies FREAK ME OUT. So, I called over my cat. Who proceeded to PLAY WITH THE BUG. Not kill it, like I wanted her to. No, no, I had to do that. Sigh.
2. Money. Ten dollars in the back pocket of a pair of work pants. All folded up into a tiny little square. I have no idea from whence it cometh. Y'know how usually when you find money in a pocket or somewhere, you remember putting it there after you find it? Not this. And I'd just worn the pants like a week before, so...'tis a mystery!
3. A sign. In a window on my way to work is a stop sign that says "Santa! Stop here!" I have no idea why, but it cracks me up. Like, kid: Santa comes down the chimney. Not through the front door. C'mon, now.
4. A sign. At the PA border: Mile 0 0/10. Okeydoke, I guess that's where Pennsylvania starts. But couldn't you put a sign that says, like "Pennsylvania/Maryland Border" or something like that? Also, the Mason-Dixon line is about 50 feet farther south. Weird. Isn't THAT supposed to be the state border? Were Mason and Dixon wrong? If so, why is this not more widely know. I mean, 50 feet here, 50 feet there, next thing you know, I live in Canada. (Okay, that might be a bit of a stretch...)
5. A sign. (I saved the best for last.) "Do-It-Yourself...Dog Washing" WHAT?!?! Are you serious, random building along Route 1, because... I have one of those at home and I don't even have a dog. It's called a bathtub-and-a-bottle-of-shampoo. Or a hose-and-a-bottle-of-shampoo, depending on the time of year. Sigh, to what is this world coming?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment