02 December 2008

2: Oddly Timed Questions

I went to the bank today. Exciting, right? Well, actually, I went to outside the bank: the ATM. I needed some cash and, well, the ATM had what I needed. I've been to this ATM before, we're friends (it's the closest one to work/home for me). I did my thing, stuck my card in, entered my pin, selected my withdrawal, etc. Then I was getting ready to be done and BAM! Wacky question.

1. "Would you like to buy stamps?" From the ATM? No, I think I'll go half a block down and buy them from the Post Office, thank-you-very-much. I mean, I suppose, if the Post Office were closed, maybe. But, I rarely have stamp emergencies. And, the lobby of the Post Office is always open with their own stamp dispensing machine, so that's always an option too. So, no, when I'm making an ATM withdrawal, I just want cash.

2. "Would you like bacon with that?" From the Wawa hoagie ordering-machine (yes, that's the technical term for it). This has bothered me for years. No, I.do.not.want.bacon.on.my.tuna.salad.hoagie. Or on my roast beef hoagie. Or cheese hoagie. Or Italian hoagie. Are we detecting a pattern yet? No bacon on hoagies for Sara. I like bacon and all, but...there's a time and a place for everything, folks.

No comments: