16 December 2008

11: Orbitz Flavors I Have Tried and My Opinion Thereof

I'm back! I've been busy with work and life stuff and trying to find time to get enough sleep. And during that, I've been chewing a loooooooot of gum. It's a stress relief/oral fixation thing for me, but I've been so obsessively chewing gum for the past three weeks that I think I need to take a break, because my jaw is sore and I don't want to aggravate my TMJ.

1. Bubblemint. Possibly my favorite gum ever. It's like chewing an adult version of childhood. It tastes like bubblegum, but has a refreshing mint tinge to it. And it lasts forever, like mint/bubblegum-flavored stuff does.

2. Raspberry mint. My second favorite. I didn't actually mean to list these in preference order, but those're the first two that came to mind. Sadly, this one doesn't last too long, but it's lovely while it does.

3. Wintermint. I forget if it's peppermint or spearmint or both or something else. It's a regular mint-type gum.

4. Crystal mint. I'll admit, I bought this one because the name makes it sound like some sort of illicit drug, but that was only the initial attraction. The ongoing attraction? It tastes like the white Lifesaver mint things. And a adore those.

5. Strawberry mint. It's a limited edition, which makes me nervous, because I rather like it. It's fruity and most fruity gums don't last too long while you're chewing them, but this one has lifespan. And it's tasty.

6. Citrus mint. Disappointing. I really wanted to like it, but it had a weird flavor. And lost all flavor pretty quickly.

7. Sangria fresca. The only one without mint in its title. And, I just tried it because a coworker had some. And it's disgusting, so he was trying to give it away. It has an absolutely bizarre flavor at first, but then it sort of tastes like citrus mint after a while. And that's not a good thing.

8. Mint mojito. It kinda makes me feel like I'm drinking. I know there's no alcohol in the gum and it's probably mostly that I know it's called "mojito," but, still....tastes like an adult beverage. Not bad, but not good for chewing at work. I'd imagine trying to explain that you weren't drinking on the job, just chewing gum could be dicey.

9. Sweet mint. Weird. Not really good or bad, but...odd. Very, very sweet. Which isn't unexpected, given its name, but still... odd flavor for a gum.

10. Spearmint. Kind of delightful. I tend to forget how much I really like the spearmint flavor. Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised by this one.

11. Peppermint. Eh, okay. Just sort of mint gum, in my mind. Sometimes you want that, but I think I'd pick spearmint for my plain mint gum needs.

No comments: