I'm a "grown-up" now and, thus, I think, supposed to dislike snow. This, along with many, many things I'm "supposed to do," is not the case. And I feel the need to defend my adoration for snow. It snowed last night and I was delighted. Others, not so much. So, I'll now lay out my case. I only cover the important, hard-hitting topics here.
1. Snow is pretty. I feel pretty, oh, so pretty... Okay, not like that. But really, snow is rather majestic in its first-fallen, covering-everything-ness. A fresh, clean blanket. I'll concede that it then gets shoveled and plowed and peed in (by dogs, hopefully not humans...) and isn't quite so pretty. But everything has its moments. I think snow's prettiness is... pretty. (See how well I make an argument?)
2. Snow is cold. I like cold. Much better than hot. Cold you can bundle up against and, if you're still cold, come inside and eat soup or drink hot chocolate or cuddle under a blanket. Plus, with snow, which is cold, you can build igloos that are warm. Very awesome.
3. You can go sledding in snow. Okay, so you also need a hill and a sled, but those are easily enough found. Snow--snow is unique. Playing in the snow is such a good workout, too. But, moreover, the joy of sledding down a hill? That's unmatchable.
4. You can have snowball fights in the snow. Not mean, hurtful snowball fights, but fun, light-hearted battles. Or Buddy-the-Elf attacks. I'm not so good at the latter, but enjoy snowball fights (when not caught off guard or attacked, say, on my way to work).
5. I don't have to drive in the snow. Okay, so that's not a reason I like snow, but more of a reason why I don't dislike snow. I think that, if I had to drive in it, snow might lose some of its joy. But, I walk to work, so I don't have to worry about cleaning off my car or driving or delays.
07 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment