I am a creature of habit. I enjoy having a schedule, knowing what's coming next. Which isn't to say that I don't enjoy the occasional spontaneity (it's more spontaneous if it happens less often, right?) and I enjoy breaking routine for vacations and other stuff. I guess what I'm trying to say is: I'm not totally rigid, but I enjoy the everyday stuff. And, since it's the weekend, I'll try to convince myself of all the stuff I like about the week. (Maybe I can look back to it as inspiration on Sunday evening...)
1. My morning bowl of cereal, cup of coffee and email checking. I've become more of a morning person as I've gotten older and now I get up early, shower and have my breakfast routine. It's quite lovely. My desk in my apartment sits below a window, so I can look out an enjoy the sun rising (or, like yesterday, the lightly falling snow).
2. The walk to work. I walk past a row of townhomes that, for some reason, remind me of a mid-20th century British village (not that I was ever in a mid-20th century anything, let alone British village, but I've seen movies and stuff... I tried to explain the look to a friend once, as we were walking past...apparently it's just me that sees it that way). For some reason, I find the look comforting. Plus, I love being able to walk to work (as I'm sure many are sick of hearing about).
3. Feeding my cat when I get home from work. It's ridiculous, but she just gets so excited to see me and even more so when I feed her. It's hard not to smile. Plus, it's good practice for when I become a crazy old cat lady some day.
4. Checking the mail. Most days, I actually have mail, but not always. Still, I get a kick out of checking my mail. Even when I know something's coming (like my weekly magazines) or if it's a bill (PECO seems to want me to pay for my electricity) I still like getting mail.
5. Checking Facebook. I'll admit it: I'm rather addicted, so it's more than a daily routine, but...ah, the f-book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment