It's the weekend and I had absolutely no plans the whole weekend. Which means that I did lots of chores around the apartment: laundry, dishes, cleaning, baking, grocery shopping and taking out the trash & recycling. It's the last one that brings my latest observation. The easiest way to get to the trash/recycling area, is to go down the hallway the opposite direction I usually go to the stairs at the other end. I've done this before, it's nothing new, but I guess I was just... more observant this time around. There are about half a dozen doormats (side note: I've never understood why you need a doormat in a carpeted apartment building/hallway...). Only two have writing on them.
1. "Come Back With A Warrant" This gem is actually my next door neighbors (not that I've met them). I'm going to go ahead and give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's meant as a joke, but, still...classy (note: heavy sarcasm). I mean, they're quiet enough (although they did get a little rowdy with their Election Night party, but oh well). And I've never seen police around. It does make me wonder, though...would it stop the police from knocking on the door? How legally binding is a doormat?
2. "Welcome/(upside down)Goodbye" Heh. Like, when you're entering, it greets you. And, when you're leaving, it bids you farewell. What a sweet doormat. It would actually almost make me feel guilty to wipe my feet on it. Good thing I don't know those neighbors, either (or anyone else who lives in my building...). I do appreciate their doormat though, so maybe I should knock on their door and try to make friends. Would it be creepy to introduce myself like this: "Hi, I like your doormat, wanna be friends?"
23 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment