12 November 2008

2: Work-Related Blogs that Amused Me Today

I'll be the first person to admit that I have a bizarre sense of humor. And I enjoy finding the humor in things, even if others, well...wouldn't. Now, these are meant to be humorous, albeit rather dry. But for some reason, today I thought both were laugh-out-loud funny. Thankfully, I didn't actually, though, as it was quiet in cube-land at the time.

1. A haiku. I tend to think haikus are...weird. They're rarely well done, in my opinion. This one, though? Teh awesome.

Fannie and Freddie

Private Gains. Public losses.
Whose idea was that?


From: http://cafehayek.typepad.com/hayek/2008/11/fannie-and-fred.html

2. This from the department of "Funny 'cause it's true"/"Sad, but true." Sorta like the first one, I guess.

With apologies to Michael Myers’ “Coffee Talk” character Linda Richman, we’ll give you a topic:
the Troubled Asset Relief Program no longer involves Troubled Assets, does not provide any Relief, and does not seem to be a Program. Discuss.


from: http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2008/11/12/paulson-punts-and-short-term-yields-fall/

No comments: