1. Hot cross buns. Delicious. My mom makes them every year for Easter breakfast. It's a sweet dough, with raisins and candied orange pieces. And topped with icing in crosses across the bun.
2. Hard boiled eggs. One of my favorite foods in general, but dyed? That much better. And Easter-y!
3. Cadbury eggs. There's something about scarcity that makes things taste better and Cadbury eggs definitely fall in that category. I mean, chocolate and sweet filling is a winning combination anyway, but that much better wrapped in tin foil and magically appearing in springtime.
4. Reese's peanut butter eggs. Peanut butter cups made better--more peanut butter!
5. Angelfood cake. Light, served with lemon curd. Another Easter-only classic. It's actually one that I don't think I'd like very much if it were available year-round, but at Easter it's a favorite.
6. Lamb. Classic Easter meat, along with salmon and ham. But, salmon is a year-round thing for me and I don't really like ham. So, lamb it is!
7. Chicken salad. It has grapes and curry and peanuts and have absolutely no idea why it appears at Eastertime, but I don't fight the awesome. And I take as much of it in leftovers as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment