The obligatory New Year's post, of course. I'll try to keep it non-traditional, though (things that will not be included: graduation from grad school, getting a job, etc.). As always, the list is in no particular order. And, of course, this doesn't come close to covering all of the ground of things that happened during the year, but it's a lovely little random sampling of events I'll remember from the year.
1. I went snowtubing for the first time. I've been sledding more times than I could count, but I'd never gone to a mountain and paid someone to let me sled down it. I've now done that several times. It's totally awesome and I highly recommend it. Yeah, you're paying to go sledding, but you're guaranteed snow AND you don't have to climb back up the hill--you get towed up. Awesome.
2. I watched the Phillies win the World Series. (So did a lot of other people.) I don't want to oversell this, but: it was the fulfilment of a lifelong dream. I'm still amazed by it. Every time I listen to the Harry Kalas call of the final out (and yes, I've listened to it a lot), I get all teary. In the words of Chase Utley: World Fucking Champions.
3. I drove to Canada for a long weekend. I really wanted to get my passport stamped, but didn't, because the new rules weren't in effect. Still, it was an awesome 12 hour drive. Canadians are awesome. Frozen Niagara Falls is beautiful.
4. I got drunk in front of most of my family. It was at a cousin's wedding--you're supposed to do that, right? I didn't do anything too embarrassing (of this I've been assured by multiple sources), but still... it was an interesting experience. How am I supposed to say no to top-shelf G&Ts?
5. I watched the Phillies win at Shea stadium. I might add: while sitting 8 rows from the field on the third base line. Sweet, sweet tickets for a pretty exciting game. I tried not to be too annoying (although I was wearing my Phillies paraphernalia), but we were locked in a pennant race at the time, so... it was pretty sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment