Quickly, before there's another weekend upon us!
1. Phillies game on Friday night. Even though it was incredibly cold (well, at least considering the hot and humid weather earlier in the day), it was awesome. In fact, I rather enjoyed the coldness, as I'd much rather be cold than hot. But, I also had a kick-ass sausage sandwich, peanuts, and lemonade. And the Phillies won. Friday night? Check.
2. Saturday morning ride. DE-lightful. Nice weather, fun trail, well-behaved horse. Very much with the awesome.
3. Saturday afternoon pool party. At a friend's mom's friend's house. I wasn't planning to go swimming, but it was hotter than I'd anticipated, so I tossed on the bathing suit and dove in (literally--no pussy-footing around for me). The water was pretty close to perfect and it was fun and relaxing to lounge around chatting with friends.
4. Dinner with my cousin Saturday evening. I had perhaps the best burger I've ever eaten. We went to Challie's in Kennett Square and I had a Black and Blue burger. It was a burger with Cajun spices (black) and crumbled bleu cheese (blue). And, oh, man, I couldn't've been happier. Until we went to the little Mexican ice cream place down the street, where I had a coconut ice cream cone (for $2!). Neither of them were quite high cuisine, but I was in culinary heaven. Then I hung out with my cousin for a while. 'Twas a lovely evening.
5. Watching the Phillies game at a bar Sunday night. Once again, the Phils won (after losing Saturday night), so that was lovely. There's nothing quite like hanging out with friends/fans, eating, drinking beer, and watching the game on the big screen. The perfect way to bookend the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment