I enjoy walking around town. I love walking and it seems so much more efficient than driving. Well, for short distances. I mean, I love driving, too, but walking is fun. Yeah, that's a circular conversation for a later date. Anyhoosits, walking around sometimes lead to interesting observations. Like these.
1. Lot full sign. In and of itself, not all that weird. But, when you're walking up a one-way street in the wrong direction, and the lot full side of the sign, which is on the back of the spaces available side that's facing traffic, is what you see, along with a guy sitting in a parking booth with exactly two cars in a 30+ space lot, well, it was amusing. A freezing cold night, with a guy huddled there trying to do his job, but the optical illusion that he was turning people away. Yeah, the more I think about it, the less amusing it is, but it caught me off guard, I guess.
2. Snowman on porch. Now this, this is just pure awesome. A little snowman, about two and a half feet tall, sitting on the edge of a porch the night after a snowfall. No snowman accoutrements, no carrot nose, button eyes, arms, hat or anything, just three progressively smaller snowballs. No lights on the porch, no celebration of it, just a snowman highlighting the day's weather.
3. Two Lady Liberties. Two women, dressed in green dresses with the statue of liberty hats and torches, standing near a sign for a couple of businesses. Again, on a freezing cold night. They had to be cold. And I have no idea what they were doing. They didn't have any signs, they were just smiling and waving at traffic, as far as I could tell. The more I thought about it, the more I really wanted to turn around and go see what they were doing, but... I didn't. So, it remains an interesting mystery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment